Happy Humpday everyone! It’s finally Wednesday and time for sweets. This card lets you indulge in sweets without the calories. Woot woot! No guilt here. LOL. This card is available for purchase in my Etsy shop if you prefer not to make your own.
Anyway this card was super easy to make. Let’s get into it then. First, all the stamping needs to be done so it has time to dry. I cut a panel of Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4″. I stamped the background using my stamping platform (Stamparatus by Stampin’ Up!) and Lawn Fawn Sweet Friends with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Set the panel aside to dry. Then I stamped all my cute images and set that aside to dry.
In the meantime, I stamped the images from Lawn Fawn Sweetest Flavor and Lawn Fawn Sweet Friends with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and
let those dry. Then, I stamped the sentiment strips onto
Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock with Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Sentiments, Versamark clear embossing ink and Wow white embossing powder and heat embossed.
Next, I worked on the diecut SWEET. Diecut the letters out from the center of the stamped card panel as well as 3x from black cardstock using Honey Bee Bee Bold Alphabet. Then I created an ombre effect by blending on some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick. The bottom half has more Picked Raspberry.
While that dries I colored the images with my Copic alcohol markers and diecut them with the coordinating cookie cutter dies. You can also color these with pencils or watercolors or water-based markers as well. Just be sure to use the appropriate ink so it doesn’t bleed.
Time for assembly. I cut a piece of Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper, a pink stripe to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″and a panel of Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock to 3 7/8 x 5 5/8″ and adhered the patterned piece to the black one. Next, I adhered both to the card base (4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock). I added some double-sided tape to the back of the white panel and adhered it to the black cardstock panel. The SWEET sentiment can now be easily adhered to the panel since it has the tape behind it. Its easier to adhere the 3 black alphabet layers together first then add the pink ombre letters with glue to those. Now we can add it to the card panel. To add shine I added Ranger Glossy Accents Glue Dimensional Adhesive over the letters and let it DRY. Can’t stress this enough. LET IT DRY.
Once the glossy accents are completely dry, I adhered the sentiment strips and the images to the card. And because I can’t resist using Nuvo drops, I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew. Then I cut a strip of the pink striped paper to 1 1/4 x 5 1/2″ and added two of the Sweet Friends images.
- Card Base = 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Pink Panels = 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper Pack, Inside strips = 1 1/4 x 5 1/2″
- Black Panel = 3 7/8 x 5 5/8″ Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock
- White Panel = 4 x 5 1/4″ Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Sentiment Strips = 3/8 x 2 /1/4″ and 3/8 x 1 1/2 Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock
- Paper – Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock , Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper Pack, Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock
- Inks – Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Versamark clear embossing ink, Wow white embossing powder, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn Sweetest Flavor, Lawn Fawn Sweet Friends, Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Sentiments
- Dies – Honey Bee Bee Bold Alphabet
- Embellishments – Ranger Glossy Accents Glue Dimensional Adhesive
- Coloring Tools – Copic markers
- Adhesives – Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Hope you’ve enjoyed this process post and I hope I’ve inspired you to create some cards of your own. Thanks for stopping by and once again please leave questions in the comments or feel free to email me if you prefer.