Hello friends. To celebrate the new Lawn Fawn’s Reveal Wheel add-on products, I made this little interactive birthday card. I love the Reveal Wheel dies. They are awesome! They make it super easy to make cute and fun cards and Lawn Fawn keeps making new dies and stampsets to go along with it.
Ok let’s get to the card making! After all that’s why you are all here. I began by cutting out all the Reveal Wheel pieces (including the ice cream cone frame with the LF Reveal Wheel Sweetest Flavor Add-on) out of Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock. It’s a good idea to use heavy cardstock; it gives the wheel more stability. The last thing you want is the wheel to bend while the recipient is playing with their card. Ugh! You need to cut out two panels (one with the cutout window and one without – this will be your back piece).
Next I stamped sprinkles from the Lawn Fawn Sweet Friends stampset all over the top panel in the following colors, Stampin’ Up! Pumpkin Pie, Stampin’ Up! Granny Apple Green, Stampin’ Up! Highland Heather, Stampin’ Up! Pool Party, Catherine Pooler Designs Be Mine, and Catherine Pooler Designs Shea Butter. Then I cut the rainbow paper about 1 1/2” x 4, just large enough so you can trim with the Reveal Wheel main die. Glue that panel onto the front panel (the one with the window) and rerun it through your diecut machine using the die for the main panel. This will give you a stitched border on the rainbow paper. At this point, I added a piece of gold glitter washi tape (~1/8” wide) onto the panel.
I put this aside for now and got to stamping and coloring my images. I stamped the ice cream cone image from Lawn Fawn Sweetest Flavor 3 times and the cherry in Catherine Pooler Designs Midnight ink on Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock. I will be coloring these with my new Prismacolor Pencils, Blending Stumps and Gamsol.
TIP: Make sure to use a water- based ink if using alcohol markers and an archival ink for water-based mediums such as pencils (if using gamsol), water-based markers or watercolors.
I let the ink dry and colored the images as well as colored the ice cream cone frame. Then diecut the stamped images using the coordinating dies. I also fussy cut the cone off of one of the ice cream cones and the ice cream cone frame. While those dried, I stamped the sentiment onto Stampin’ Up! Vellum and cut it down to 11/16 x 3 3/4”.
Time to work on the Wheel itself. I colored the Wheel the same color as the middle ice cream scoop using my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I stamped the faces from both Lawn Fawn Sweetest Flavor and Lawn Fawn Sweet Friends around the wheel. Ok. All that’s left to do is assemble this little card. Attached the little Wheel to the larger one with a tiny brad, added 3 Stampin’ Dimensionals behind the tiny wheel and it to the back card panel. Added the black one, behind that and glued it all to the card base. Next I added the ice cream, sentiment strip and little tiny arrow to the card. Embellished with some Nuvodrops in a few different colors and it’s all done. And always make sure your card is fully functional by playing with it. LOL.
- Card Base = 4 x 7 1/4” Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock , Rainbow Panel = 1 1/4 x 3 3/4” Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper Pack
- Black Panel = 3 3/4 x 4″ Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock.
- White Panel = 3 3/4 x 3 3/4″ Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Sentiment Strip = 11/16 x 3 3/4” Stampin’ Up! Vellum
- Paper – Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock , Simon Says Stamp Black Card stock, Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow 6 x 6 Paper Pack, Stampin’ Up! Vellum
- Inks – StazOn Jet Black , Catherine Pooler Designs Midnight, Stampin’ Up! Pumpkin Pie, Stampin’ Up! Granny Apple Green, Stampin’ Up! Highland Heather, Stampin’ Up! Pool Party, Catherine Pooler Designs Be Mine, Catherine Pooler Designs Shea Butter
- Stamps – Lawn Fawn Sweetest Flavor, Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Sentiments, Lawn Fawn Sweet Friends
- Dies – Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel, LF Reveal Wheel Sweetest Flavor Add-on
- Embellishments – Nuvo Crystal Drops , 3M foam tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals , Glitter washi tape
- Coloring Tools – Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Blending Stumps
- Adhesives – Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, 3M foam tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Hope you’ve enjoyed this process post and I hope I’ve inspired you to create some cards of your own. Thanks for stopping by and once again please leave questions in the comments or feel free to email me if you prefer.